Insanity Max:30 meets 21 Day Fix!
I am on week 5 of ShaunT’s Insanity Max:30 workout program. It is serious, hardcore fitness, and I LOVE ME SOME SHAUNT! What I wasn’t really doing until this week though, was following the meal plan exactly. I eat pretty well anyway, with whole foods and made from scratch everything and all that…
But this week I also started mentoring a group doing the 21 Day Fix. With 21 Day Fix, it’s such a short time, so following the meal plan is INTEGRAL to success – and coincidentally, the meal plans for Max 30 and 21 Day Fix are the same. It’s all about portion control, eating a few less carbs, and eating a few more servings of protein and vegetables. The group is a PERFECT opportunity for me to get serious about the meal plan for Month 2 of Max 30, and continuously post meal ideas for the 21 Day Fixies.
The Eating Plan:
Honestly, there isn’t a “diet” in 21 Day Fix or Insanity Max:30. The eating program uses a color coded system of containers and a Shakeology Shaker Cup to give you perfect portion sizes every time. I think most people don’t have a clear idea what the right portion sizes are for various foods ~ well, seek and ye shall find. Indeed, the container-measured meals often end up much larger than anticipated!
- Green Container: For vegetables
- Purple Container: For fruits
- Red Container: For proteins
- Yellow Container: For carbohydrates
- Blue Container: For healthy fats and cheeses
- 2 Orange Container: seeds and oils
- Shakeology Cup: For mixing drinks
How it works:
- First, the diet plan will show you how to calculate your caloric intake based on your current weight and your caloric needs:
- The caloric intake will lead you to know the exact number of each container and teaspoons (oils, butters) a day. The eating plan comes with 4 caloric levels, as you can see in the picture :
- The best thing about this program is its simplicity: fill up the containers with the food that goes with each one’s color and enjoy! You don’t have to count calories. Just choose the foods from the list that comes with the program. It’s all about portions. Portion control is what makes this program so special and revolutionary, it teaches you how to make healthy choices without restrictions or obsessions and it’s something that you’ll be able to take with you for the future.
- The program recommends drinking a lot of water and also allows coffee and tea (I’m pretty sure you can even have a glass of wine!).
- Autumn also recommends taking an extra green container when you are hungry because it’s hard to overeat veggies.
ANYWAY, so far so good! It’s actually a perfect amount of food for me, eating at the 1200-1500 calorie level, and I am making some AMAZING meals. I also can’t wait for STAT-urday, because I feel REALLY LEAN.