I think this was my favourite salad experience OF ALL TIME.
The magic is in the dressing – but here’s what was underneath:
- green pepper, red pepper
- green onion
- celery (2 green containers of veggies!)
- seared chicken tenders (1 red protein container)
- avocado (1 blue container, healthy fats)
- pumpkin seeds (1 orange container)
- quinoa (cooked) (1/2 yellow carb container)
(I got to the end of the day and realized I hadn’t eaten half my food, so our came GIANT SALAD OF FABULOSITY)
MAGIC STRAWBERRY ASIAN DRESSING:
Combine all ingredients in a jar & shake; you might need to heat in the microwave for 20 seconds if the coconut oil re-solidifies (mine did)….
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp “zested” ginger
- 1 tsp pressed garlic
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp honey
I put my final 1 orange container of dressing – 2 tbsp or so I guess – on the salad and it was MAGICAL. especially heated up. The pickled strawberries…. OMG. Little bit of warmth from the sriracha…. OMG. Seriously, the most fantastic salad I have ever eaten….
Happy Foodie Friday!