The 21 Day Fix is a comprehensive diet and exercise program that includes a series of 30 minute workouts and a set of specialized, color coded containers that make eating cleanly a no-brainer! For the workouts, you get 2 DVDs that have 3 workouts each plus a couple of bonus workouts. Each workout is crafted to deliver a “massive calorie burn” in just 30 minutes. Every workout is different and each one includes a “modifier” – one of the people in the video shows you lower impact or beginner versions of the moves, so you scale the intensity level of the workout up or down to meet your personal comfort.
The first 15 days of the program consists of doing 1 workout/day, then on the last week you can do doubles: one workout in the morning and another one the evening.
- Total Body Cardio Fix. Raises your heart rate and boosts your metabolism into overdrive for long-lasting weight loss benefits.
- Upper Fix. Specifically works the back, shoulders, arms, chest and abs.
- Lower Fix. Works the thighs, calves and butt.
- Pilates Fix. Uses core strength moves to tone and elongate the torso and tighten up your thighs, butt and hips.
- Cardio Fix. Insanity style cardio workout that kicks the first workout into overdrive.
- Yoga Fix. Boosts flexibility giving you long, lean muscles and helps keep you injury-free!
From yoga to pilates to cardio, the workouts are well crafted, inspiring, simple and exciting!
The Eating Plan:
Honestly, there isn’t a “diet” in this program. The eating program uses a color coded system of containers and a Shakeology Shaker Cup to give you perfect portion sizes every time. I think most people don’t have a clear idea what the right portion sizes are for various foods ~ well, seek and ye shall find. Indeed, the container-measured meals often end up much larger than anticipated!
- Green Container: For vegetables
- Purple Container: For fruits
- Red Container: For proteins
- Yellow Container: For carbohydrates
- Blue Container: For healthy fats and cheeses
- 2 Orange Container: seeds and oils
- Shakeology Cup: For mixing drinks
How it works:
- First, the diet plan will show you how to calculate your caloric intake based on your current weight and your caloric needs:
- The caloric intake will lead you to know the exact number of each container and teaspoons (oils, butters) a day. The eating plan comes with 4 caloric levels, as you can see in the picture :
- The best thing about this program is its simplicity: fill up the containers with the food that goes with each one’s color and enjoy! You don’t have to count calories. Just choose the foods from the list that comes with the program. It’s all about portions. Portion control is what makes this program so special and revolutionary, it teaches you how to make healthy choices without restrictions or obsessions and it’s something that you’ll be able to take with you for the future.
- The program recommends drinking a lot of water and also allows coffee and tea (I’m pretty sure you can even have a glass of wine!).
- Autumn also recommends taking an extra green container when you are hungry because it’s hard to overeat veggies.