Whoa Nelly. So we almost never make pizza…. But I saw a video about using quinoa to make pizza crust…. And quinoa is like THE BEST, so. We decided to try it out: WIN.
- Soak 3/4 cup of Quinoa in 2 cups of water (cover) for up to 8 hrs (I just set it up in the morning and went to work….)
- Drain, rinse and put into your food processor.
1/4 cup fresh water
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pulse till smooth like paste. ( you will need to stop it a few times to scrape down the sides)
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper and lightly spray OR grease and flour – we used coconut oil, which worked GREAT.
- Spread your Quinoa mixture evenly into a Pizza crust shape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven/carefully flip it over and Bake an additional 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings – we did tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, tomatoes, cheddar, and parmesan – put it back in the oven to melt cheese etc!